Thursday, February 12, 2009

Off the Wagon


Our family has been doing a family fitness challenge the last month and a half. This challenge includes points for certain things. So you get 10 points for no treats, 5 points for one treat and 0 points for multiple treats...also known as falling off the wagon. Well I fell off the wagon, and it drug me behind it for the evening, miles and miles of butter laden roads. Don't get me wrong I still worked out, packed for our weekend getaway, finished cleaning bathrooms etc. But I also made rolls, raspberry surprise cupcakes, lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies...no it wasn't a binge night (I'm sure you're not convinced) after a few bites of each I am totally sugared out and completely satisfied! And I think I found the best Chocolate Chip Cookie I have ever had. It reminds me of Mrs. Fields. And yes, don't think your eyes are deceiving you. It's at least three times the size of one cookie. I'll post recipes when we get back next week.

7 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Yum! Sometimes it is good to "fall off the wagon"! But good for you for still working out!

Granny said...

KERPLUNK! But, what a wonderful way to go. 'Tis the season for taking a spill.

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Ooh, cupcakes, lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies.... excellent way to fall off the wagon!!

Tara said...

thanks a lot, now you've got me totally craving sweets!

Can't wait to hear more about this getaway...

Aubrey said...

The trip sounds like a dream! What a fun way to spend Valentine's day! You should come over and try my WiiFit! Its soooooo fun!

Janet said...

Those cookies look soooo good! Yum

islandgirl said...

Hey, found your blog too! Those cookies look GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!