Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines

This Valentines we decided to forgo gifts and flowers and run away together. No one knew where we were, no phone calls, no contact! It was wonderful. We went to Logan...yes you think, Logan...what the? But Logan is my new favorite place, in fact I'd move there in a heartbeat! No smog, they have a beautiful temple, great places to eat, lovely houses, plenty of high schools and Aggie Ice Cream. Yes the BYU Creamery still reigns supreme, but Aggie ice cream could take a good second. With our extended weekend we were able to stay three nights in Logan and my brother Eric and his cute fam took care of Ginger. They are so good with her and he has such sweet kids.
Valentines was a beautiful day we went to an early dinner at Hamilton's with a lovely dinner of Garlic Rubbed Steak and Salmon Florentine. Thanks to Mom and Dad Seely we received a cute card and a great gift card! It made for a wonderful dinner and we felt so spoiled. That afternoon we went to see the sites of Logan and the surrounding cities. We went to Gossner Cheese factory and picked up Smoked cheese and cheese curd and then to the Pepperidge Farms Factory in Richmond to get crackers and treats (yes, we did see the goldfish). All for a great carpet picnic to watch the BYU game that evening. We had such a fun time. I fall more in love with Chad every day! He is so amazing and puts up with so much from me! I'm so thankful for him and for the blessing he is in my life. Thank you for the wonderful Valentines day sweetheart!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I have lived in Utah for 8 years and I have never been to Logan. The temple is so pretty, too. I'd probably go just for the steak.

Granny said...

What a fun trip. You got to experience so many neat things. I'm glad your getaway was a great success.

Tara said...

That looks like the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's day.

I so glad you guys have each other!