Sunday, September 7, 2008

To close for comfort

Well the BYU game was definitely intense. We would rather win by more than just one point! We had our game friends over and indulged in one of our fav's which is Breakfast for dinner. So we made Vanilla French Toast, Crepes, and Tam brought the best Stratta...so going to have to duplicate that!
So friends left and we settled down at 2am for a somewhat short night before going to Stake Conference. Well Ginger had been a little off all weekend and woke us up at 4 ish crying/yipping and shivering with pain, we got up and quickly dressed and took her to the Animal Hospital. Hours later and several bucks spent, we found out that she has a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), they started her on antibiotics and some pain meds (liquid form...fun for us). She has stopped shivering and seems a little more normal. We will check with our Vet in a week to see if all is well. So to say the least we missed Stake Conference and have both been sleep deprived all day. You're all thinking...it's a dog and as we would both say (since we live in babyville (for at least a few more months))...but she is our dog and part of our family! No, not at all defensive...

7 comments:

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Augh! Your poor Ginger. How does a dog get a bladder infection? You're so intentive! That's awsome. I don't know if I'd be so quick to figure out and care for our dog like you did. I guess 'cause we're still a little dog-clueless.
Anyway, you guys are so cute to give Ginger the best care possible. I love that!

Christi said...

I felt sorry for Chris. He was trying so hard to be good and make it to Leadership Conference at 4pm on Saturday, but he spent 15 minutes driving around the neighborhood waiting for the game to finish. I myself was GLUED to the big screen yelling and screaming and cheering to my hearts content. Those are the games I really love. Chris likes the "in the bag" ones because his blood pressure can't handle the close ones.

I hope Ginger is feeling better. I'm glad you were able to get her in to the Vet.

Erin said...

I too was disappointed with the game. Would have been better if Collie hadn't dropped the ball so much!

Poor Ginger! That sounds terrible...for you and for her.

Um...what does "for at least a few more months" mean???

Granny said...

Yeah, that's what I was wondering "a few more months" huh????

I sure hope Ginger is doing better. Never fun to have a sick puppy.

Chad said...

Well, we are/were considering moving we are looking for houses in a area nearby yet still in the stake. But new callings may prevent that.

Erin said...

You know what I say...MOVE!!! Don't let your callings dictate what is best for your family. You can serve in the church no matter where you are!

Tara said...

Poor Gingy! Hope everyone in the family's doing better now.

I agree with Erin, if you are wanting to move, do it.