Sunday, September 14, 2008

First 5K and Game Day

Well I have completed my first 5k! Our stake had a Stake Olympics yesterday and our biggest loser group made a goal to walk the 5k. I was defiantly not as prepared as I thought. I have been working out every day and have added in the elliptical sporadically throughout the week...not the same as walking or running on the road... Part of the group participated, a lot of them running and a few of us walked. I now have the 5k bug, I really think I would like the have a way better time so I am going to start preparing for the next race.
So after the race we started prep on our game day food, we had an awesome mini food theme. Chad and I made mini twice baked potatoes, mini meatloaf, and Tara's key-lime tarts. Our friends brought great mushroom quiches, cheese dip and mini chips, and mini cranberry muffins. A great time was had by all, and yes the game was amazing!


The amazing Brandon and Maximus (just check out those legs!)

4 comments:

Christi said...

I hate to admit that I too have the bug. We should research and get in on one next month!

Chad said...

That's a plan, I already have a plan to start walking tomorrow! Good luck with your surgery, you and your family are in our prayers!

Tara said...

I'd say I want to come for game day, but if I came, I'd have to head for the stadium! I realize though, that the food wouldn't be as good. I love your mini food theme, not only delicious but adorable, too.

I know all about the 5K bug. I actually have lost it and need to find it again. You should do the BYU homecoming race.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

5K? You go girl. That's awsome.

You da man!