Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What we did on our Summer Vacation

This summer has been BUSY, Chad and I have spent a lot of time together just playing, working and having fun.

Chad finished a Masters Degree, Coached softball, cleaned and helped organize, went to Girls Camp, kicked my trash on pretty much every Wii game, facebooked, and watched his fair share of Hell's Kitchen, House...etc.

I cleaned, watched more than my fair share of Hell's Kitchen, House and random selections from Netfilx, cleaned, played a lot, cleaned, threw away more stuff we didn't need, cut Rusty's crazy mane, organized, did I say cleaned... cooked and played a lot of games (yes, and I do have to mention wasted far too much time on facebook (for a short time I became addicted to the quizzes)).

We did BBQing with friends, played with family in Ogden, had a great family reunion in Seattle with the whole Seely, Hatch, Yougstrom group which included Yakima, Seattle, Safeco with the Mariners, Steamers Seafood, and who can forget the Super Mall!!! We finished up July with an amazingly peaceful trip to the Shakespeare Festival with the Warbys.

Whew! We are now both back at work, me busy getting ready for 2500 plus students to invade the school and Chad getting every athlete ready to tryout and hopefully play ball, oh yeah and teach a little Spanish.

This last week we had a little move to Washington scare, kind of out of no where we felt like Chad needed to apply for a Principal job in Yakima. It didn't pan out, we found out later that it was most definitely for the best as the school wasn't in the best of shape. So we're a little sad as we had started to put our eggs in the Washington basket and the possibilities seemed so new and fresh.

So for now we will focus on finding joy in Lehi, and try to get more sleep as apparently when you work you don't get to stay up until 2 every night!

*Just a few pictures from the summer, everything from food cooked to family fun.

Just a

8 comments:

Granny said...

Fun-filled busy summer! I'm so glad we had our time together. Let's do it again soon.

Erin said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you had a great time in Cedar!
p.s. - Feel free to come back to my house anytime!

Leslie said...

What a great update! I'm glad you made such wonderful memories!

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

YAY for summer!! Love the pictures and Chad good job on the birthday flowers, they are beautiful!!!

Tara said...

What a fun slide show. We sure loved having you guys for a visit.

Rusty's hair looks great. It really changed his color.

Glad it's been a good summer for you.

Jackie said...

Oh my..the very moment I saw the blueberry buckle, my heart stood still.

Jackie said...

Its me again...oh I can't stand Rachael Ray either! So obnoxious. Comment on my blog now.

Sadie Nichole said...

Sounds like you had a fun summer! Rusty is so cute by the way! I need to come by and see him again:)