Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blessings


We are counting our blessings of having finished our basement this last year. Why, you ask? Well our air-conditioning compressor stopped working last night about 8pm. At this time and most of today it has been 85-90 degrees in our house... : ( But thankfully Heavenly Father has blessed us and the basement is about 7o degrees. So in and around lots of meetings today (including a morning side at our hourse) and both of us ending up speaking in Sacrament meeting today, we have been living in the basement. A good friend came by and apparently all we need is a new motor, not a whole new compressor. We are thankful for that too! Oh and you ask how we both ended up speaking in sacrament? Well my little high-councilman's newly returned missionary partner didn't show up. And the crazy woman that I am, I jokingly said I would help if needed. Well, they took me up on it, mind you I offered a couple of minutes before sacrament started...once again I thank my Heavenly Father for lending me the help to speak for 10 minutes with nothing prepared. I guess I really will do about anything to get to sit by my husband at church. By the way his talk was amazing, and yes I do think he can do just about everything! I feel so lucky to have him as my husband!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

I'm glad you only need a new motor. But, I just also have to say that you need to be grateful for central air as well. It is positively unheard of out here.

Tara said...

Your basement is definitely cool, in every sense of the word.

I'm amazed that you could speak on the fly. Seriously, you need to stop being so nice. :)