Sunday, August 15, 2010

All by myself


I never quiet appreciated the lyrics of that song before now. I have not been by myself for any kind of extensive time for a long time! As I sit pondering our life and whats to become of it, I am passing the time in the Seattle Airport. I am on my way home to pack up our life in Utah, sell our home, and move on to a new adventure...that I prayed, begged, and asked for...

Yep, I'm scared, but as I watch mass groups of people pass me here in the airport I cannot help but thank my Heavenly Father for everything I have, for the knowledge of the big plan and to know that sometimes the layovers are not as pleasant in our lives as we would like, but they are only layovers, never does he leave us to fail and be lost.

I am so thankful for my amazing husband who takes such good care of me and truly completes me, so blessed to have both of our families who have been so supportive and loving and helpful in getting us to the places we need to be and who have allowed us to stay with them at the drop of a hat! Super grateful to the kind airport guard in Yakima who made me take extra Kleenex as I started to sob while going through security. And grateful to all the friends who have helped us in getting ready to move and who we will definitely call on when the time comes to pack the truck.

We are so blessed to have the gospel and to have the connection with the Spirit in order to know what plan our Heavenly Father has for us. I am so grateful for that, without that I would be lost!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I'm all sorts of teary for you! It must feel like an enormous grab-bag of emotions, not sure which one you'll pull out next. We're praying for you.

Princess Carrie said...

If I would have known you were so sad, I would have kept texting you. And you know I would come help you with the house...much better than thinking about cheese! I would love to leave JD with Marc and come have a slumber party with you (for packing reasons or just for fun reasons)!

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

That's it, I'm coming over!! :) When can I come and help? There's no need for lonely when there is much needed girl time to be had!

Princess Carrie said...

I am still voting for a slumber party!!!

Kat said...

Here's to praying that it sells fast and you get to be with your sweet honey sometime soon. Call if you need anything!