Sunday, April 11, 2010

Manna

What does your manna from Heaven look like? Mine this week was a "mistake" made by the University of Utah. As a favor to a Chemistry teacher I complied a list of Chem 1010 students for someone at the school and they sent all the Chemistry teachers $50 in Amazon gift certificates. I'm not a teacher, but I create lists for them? The teachers all told me to keep the certificates, and I did not hesitate!

Immediately my mind went to my lovely little Amazon wish list of cook books and Forensic/Criminal mind based books I have had saved forever. Unfortunately, my first focus had to be towards my next textbook, which even used was over $100...with great regret and complete revolting disdain I purchased a Math book....I know, the shock, the horror! My last Math class in what I hope to be the rest of my eternal life...(yeah, in my world we will not be using Math). And I had to use my stinkin certificates on it! I sure hope it's worth it.

Anyway, trying to see life through my dirty glass half full theory, my possibly undeserved certificates were put towards a good cause.

That's my manna for the week. I hope your manna is extra cash found in a pair of jeans or a misplaced dark chocolate candy bar that you forgot about.

3 comments:

Granny said...

Good "manna," but too bad it had to be used on a math book. Well, now you can use the money you would have spent on the math book for something a little more fun.

Tara said...

Manna comes in all forms, doesn't it? That really is great to get a free $50 and you probably could've justified spending it on something you wouldn't otherwise buy, but good for you for making the disciplined decision.

Lisachem said...

At least you didn't have to spend your own hard-earned money on a math textbook. Sorry you had to buy it, though. Call if I can help you through it!