Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today is for Amy

There is a song from the musical Company that is starts out with "Today is for Amy", it's pretty annoying and yet it often runs through my head. Today was not for Amy... today I became an old lady, I started it out early at 5 am with a sick dog and continued on through the early morning with being that nasty old lady in the office (that you all know and remember at school) when I yelled at two screeching girls. Yes, I know deep down were just desperately trying to impress the boy who needed help in our office. But after 10 minutes of Giggling, bouncing, screeching, and voluptuous boobs hanging out all over, the old lady yells at them "If you don't need help, LEAVE!!".

That was only 7:10 a.m...I then helped the completly embarassed beet-red boy and wondered if anyone would notice if I just grabbed my keys and went home. Thankfully it did get better, this is going to be a busy year as we are riding high with just short of 2600 students!

This is day three of trying harder to be a better person and day three of praying for more patience...earlier today it looked like it may be the last day of both. But thankfully I have a sweet husband who offered a big drink, take-out and an offer to run away (even if it is to the aka "cave" in the basement)!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Awww..that sucks. You have to be a special person to be surrounded by that many teenagers and not rip your hair out.

But more importantly why the heck does any girl get voluptuous boobs in high school? Now, I'm really mad, I'm 35 years old and have yet to get those. I tuck mine into my socks in the morning to keep from tripping on them.

Leslie said...

I want a cave!!!!!

You are an amazing person! And even those well-endowed girls are lucky to have you around.

Jackie's comment cracked me up!

Janet said...

aahhh take out and a big drink have saved me so many times!

Tara said...

I have no patience for screeching, either. I'm a little disheartened to think that my girls may never grow out of it. But I'm quite positive that if I have anything to do with it, they certainly won't have boobs hanging out anywhere!

Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better as the year goes on.

Kat said...

I would have done the same thing. Darn girls and their annoying screeching just to get attention. Jackie's comment made me "bust" up laughing. He he he. :) I hope your drink and escape to the cave help. :) Thanks for your comment on my blog. You're awesome.

Granny said...

I truly feel your pain. Every morning I pray for patience, and every night I beg for forgiveness for losing my patience.

Screeching girls is just so annoying no matter what the age.

Hang in there, it has to settle down, doesn't it...PLEASE!

Familia Martinez said...

You Go Girl! You tell those little teeny boppers that they need to chill out. I hope every day is for Amy and that you always feel special. And what the heck you are not an old lady because if you are then I am and I am not going there. You are beautiful, smart and funny as a nut. Next time they come in with their boobs in your face pop them! That'll teach them!