Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week in Review


This has been an interesting week! Monday after a busy day at work in preparation to going to the Volleyball Luau I took Ginger out for our normal after work walk. While talking to Chad on the cell phone and walking in the park area, out of no where another dog comes darting out from behind me starts to attack Ginger. I am yelling trying to pull her up and the two dogs apart and finally have to pull the other dog off of Ginger. Which ended up with my hand (thumb mostly) inside the other dogs mouth...yep, like a little kid I have been bitten by a dog!

I pulled the other dog (25+lbs) off and carry it back to it's backyard. It was a dog I knew and it had escaped its owner while walking to the mailbox. I left Ginger with this man and his kids in the park as I couldn't handle both of them. I dropped the dog off in the backyard, and headed back to Ginger (extremely freaked out, unhappy, but not hurt).

This all happened of course with blood running down my arm, all over my clothes, all over both dogs. And the kids in the park staring...(one told me I had an ow-ee) yep, gotta love it!! So my hand is fine, the picture looks worse than it was, it became really swollen and super stiff, but didn't get worse. Chad got home, I cried (yes, I'm very proud of the fact that I didn't do it until I got in the house and Chad showed up) he called my dad to find out if we needed to get it checked out, and Dad suggested antibiotics and a tetanus shot.
Yes, we did skip the Luau!
We have had a good week, hanging out with friends who had surgery, a great game day hanging out and having wonderful food. I also had a chance to study and prepare for a Relief Society lesson on Sunday. I have been released after 5 years from Young Women's and have been called to serve as the 1st Counselor in the Relief Society.
I don't think I have been so nervous to teach in a long time! The lesson was on the Eternities and the 3 degrees of glory and after reading it all week and studying a ton, I had about 15 minutes. It went well, and a lot of prayers were answered. I feel so grateful that the sisters in our Relief Society helped! I think that makes the biggest difference.
This need week we are getting ready for a little vacation with friends in Wolf Creek. So excited!

7 comments:

Janette said...

Yeouch! I hope your thumb feels better. I have the same calling in church as you! (At least until December.) How funny!

Ian and Kristin said...

Ow! That sounds like it hurt! I have fear of getting bitten by a dog! I teach Primary in my ward...I am so much better with kids than teaching adults. I would have a panic attack! :)

Granny said...

Ouch!!!!!!!!!! You were brave to try to separate the dogs.

I'm glad your lesson went well. I too panic every time I have to teach adults. Give me the 8 year olds anyday.

Tara said...

Man, that stinks! Stinks that Ginger was attacked, stinks that your hand got chomped and stinks that you had to cancel your plans. You deserve your upcoming vacation.

Erin said...

What is it with your neighborhood and attacking dogs?? :) You are way nice to take the dog back. After it attacked me and my dog I probably would have just left it! I hope you heal completely soon!

Christi said...

You did a great job on your lesson. Even though I didn't commment out loud, I really was listening. I promise..... How's your thumb?

Brooke said...

Nice lesson on Sunday. I enjoyed it, it's always nice to go back to Relief Society and hear a good message. I've been in the nursery world way too long.